Have you forgotten your Raspberry Pi Password? No worries. In this guide, learn how to reset Raspberry Pi password easily.
What is Raspberry Pi
Raspberry Pi is a series of small single-board computers developed in the United Kingdom by the Raspberry Pi Foundation in association with Broadcom. The Raspberry Pi project originally leaned towards the promotion of teaching basic computer science in schools and in developing countries.
The Raspberry Pi has already set a host name and password by default. Of course, you can change this without any problems. Not infrequently, however, users like to forget the new password and then no longer have access to their Raspberry Pi. However, you can simply reset the password.
Reset Raspberry Pi password
- First remove the SD card from your Raspberry Pi and then insert it into a card reader. On the connected computer you should now find a folder named “boot” on the data carrier.
- Open the “cmdline.txt” file. You must not use the standard editor for this, but must have installed a more extensive text editor.
- At the end of the first line add the following part: “init = / bin / sh”. Make sure that this passage is not on a line of its own.
- Now insert the SD card into your Raspberry Pi again and start it.
- Enter the commands “mount – o remount, rw /” and then “passwd pi”.
- Now you can set a new password.
- Complete the process with the commands “sync” and “exec / sbin / init”.
FAQs on Raspberry Pi
1. What is the Raspberry Pi used for?
2. How does the Raspberry Pi work?
3. What is the first thing to do with a Raspberry Pi?
- Install the Raspbian Operating System
- Setup Language and Keyboard
- Setup Timezone
- Start the Graphical Desktop
- Change Screen Viewing Area
- Update the System Software
- Login Automatically
- Play a Video
4. What’s more powerful than a Raspberry Pi?
5. What cool things can you do with a Raspberry Pi?
- Replace Your Desktop PC With a Raspberry Pi
- Print With Your Raspberry Pi
- Add AirPrint Support to Your Pi Print Server
- Cut the Cord With Kodi: A Raspberry Pi Media Center
- Set Up a Retro Gaming Machine
- Build a Minecraft Game Server.
- Control a Robot.
- Build a Stop Motion Camera
6. Can Raspberry pi run Windows?
7. Why is it called a Raspberry Pi?
Have you ever reset Raspberry Pi Password before? Share with us your tips and tricks below.