Want to withdraw money from PayPal to Equity Bank? This guide shows you the step by step process of transferring money from PayPal to Equity.
The Equity Bank Withdraw Service is exclusive to Equity Bank and enables PayPal account holders to withdraw funds paid into their PayPal accounts through Equity Bank.
The service is available to customers with an Equity Bank account. Funds can be withdrawn from PayPal to Equity Bank transactional accounts in KES or USD, excluding credit cards.
When performing a withdraw transaction Equity Bank will verify your bank account and personal details and you will be redirected to PayPal to confirm the withdraw transaction.
A withdrawal from a PayPal account takes 3 business days to reflect in your Equity Bank account.
Here are some of the things you need to know about Equity Bank Withdraw Service in relation to PayPal transactions.
- The Equity Bank Withdraw Service with PayPal allows you, a Kenyan PayPal account holder, to withdraw funds paid into your PayPal account to your Equity Bank account
- The withdrawal service is exclusive to Equity Bank customers
- The withdrawal service is available to both individual and business customers with an active qualifying Equity Bank account. Qualifying accounts are most Equity Bank transactional accounts in KES, USD, GBP or EUR excluding credit cards
- When withdrawing funds from your PayPal account, you are required to specify the U.S. Dollar amount you want to withdraw. If your account contains funds in a different currency, PayPal will auto-convert those funds into U.S. Dollars during the withdrawal process
- Equity Bank has a $10,000 USD transaction limit
- Kenyan Shilling is not a PayPal supported currency
How to transfer funds from PayPal to Equity Bank account
To withdraw money from your PayPal account to your Equity Bank account, follow these steps:
- Log into the Equity Bank Self Service Portal with your email address, password and One Time Pin (OTP) sent to your SMS. If you are new, click ‘Register’ and follow the process of registration
- On the menu list click ‘PayPal’
- If you do not have a PayPal account, click on ‘Create Account’ and complete the process
- If you have a PayPal account and you would like to withdraw money to your Equity Bank Account ensure that your PayPal account is linked to your bank account. To link your bank account with your PayPal account, follow these steps:
- Enter your PayPal email address, select your preferred bank account and click ‘Link Account’
- You will be redirected to PayPal window pop-up. Key in your PayPal account password and click ‘Authorize’
- You will be redirected back to your Equity Bank website page with a message “Your PayPal account has been successfully Linked”
- On the PayPal Services Menu, click ‘Withdraw Service’
- Select your PayPal account linked previously
- Key in the amount to withdraw. The amount must be less than or equal to your PayPal account balance
- Click ‘Accept’
- You will receive a message “Your PayPal withdrawal of amount X was successful. Your bank account will be credited within 3 business days”